Built in 2008 and designed to serve 50,000 patients, the Merlyn Vaz Health and Social Care Centre includes three GP practices, community nursing and dental services, mental health services as well as specialist nursing services, local authority and administration services. The site also offers access to an NHS GP Hub and an on-site pharmacy.
Conveniently placed in the Charnwood area of Leicester and local transport services the Merlyn Vaz Health and Social Care Centre provides a range of services outside of a hospital setting putting them right into the heart of the community.
Size: 6191 m2
Capital Value: £20.66m
PC Date: 8th December 2008
An extensive range of primary care services including:
• Pharmacy – Sheridan Pharmacy
• 3 GP practices for residents of Leicester City (Registration required) including a HUB/Walk-in facility (Appointments via 111)
• The Charnwood Practice
• Heron GP Practice
• Highfields Medical Centre
• A community Dental service (referral only). Patients are not able to register to use this facility,
• A Leicester City Council and Leicester Partnership Trust Mental Health service. Including PIER and Adult mental health. Local patients will be referred to Merlyn Vaz once they contact the service.
• District Nurses
• MSK Physiotherapy
• Speech & Language Therapy
• Diabetic Eye Screening
• Diabetes Assessment & therapy
• Open Mind Service
At its opening, Sarah Prema, Assistant Director for Primary Care covering Estates said:
“This project has been in the planning stages for years so it’s great to see it finally open and operational.”